Auction Terms & Conditions By Registering for this online auction, you have read and are acknowledging agreement with the terms and conditions listed below. When you sign your bidder registration Agreement or click the "Accept" button online, you enter into a binding legal agreement with Shackleton's Real Estate and Auction Co. We ask that you do not bid unless you agree to all of the terms and condition.
The Online Auction Sale will start THURSDAY, May 19th 6:00pm EDT
The Online Auction Sale will begin to close on THURSDAY, May 26th at 6:00pm EDT - with a 3-minute soft close in effect.
1. All items are sold "AS IS, WHERE IS". ALL SALES ARE FINAL. No Refunds, Returns or Exchanges
2. Shackleton's Real Estate and Auction Co. attempts to catalogue and photograph every lot correctly and attempts to point out any defects but will not be responsible or liable for any errors, omissions or the correctness of the catalogue or other descriptions of the lot.
3. It is the Bidder's responsibility to determine the condition, age, authenticity, value or any other determinative factor of the item/lot. We encourage you to inspect all items prior to bidding.
3A. In-Person Preview available by APPOINTMENT ONLY. Anyone interested in viewing the farm equipment can contact Kevin at 519-533-3791. Anyone interested in viewing the nursery stock can contact Derek/Hailey at 519-284-0254.
4. Shackleton's Real Estate and Auction Co. reserves the right, at our complete discretion, to add, change/ re-catalog or withdraw any lot from the sale, whether prior to or at any point during the sale without notice, and shall have no liability whatsoever with regards to such withdrawal.
5. Before registering, in the "notes to the auctioneer" (section above), please indicated payment method of payment (ex. credit card on file or e-transfer)
6. Settlement for purchases of the Farm Equipment will be can be in-person at the time of pick-up (FRIDAY, MAY 27th from (9:00am - 2:00pm) by Debit, Visa, Mastercard, Certified Cheque, Cash or E-transfer. Settlement for Tree purchases can be made at our Auction Center located at 3715 Embro Road, Stratford, ON, N5A 6S3, by Debit, Visa, Mastercard, Certified Cheque or E-transfer.
7. All sales are subject to a 15% Buyer's Premium and 13% HST (Harmonized Sales Tax) if applicable.
7A. If you are exempt from paying sales tax you must provide the Auctioneer a copy of your license prior to the closing of the sale.
8. Failure to pay for your invoice in FULL within 24 hours of the sale closing, will result in your items will be deemed abandoned, you will be banned from all our future auctions, and may result in legal action against Buyer.
9. Merchandise becomes the full responsibility of the Buyer at time of PAYMENT. Any Buyer having someone, other than himself, pick-up his purchases must notify the Auctioneer. Buyer shall be at their own risk and liability at the Owners' property for pick ups and shall hold the Owner/Seller and the Auctioneer harmless for the Buyer's negligence. Buyer shall also be held responsible for any damage to the Owner's property, caused by the Buyer.
10. Buyer shall be responsible for making arrangements to either pick-up their items, arrange for their items to be shipped or delivered, by the final removal date (Friday, May 27th)
11. Auctioneer reserves the right to resell any property not paid for in full.
12. All bidders must be 18 years of age or older
13. All registration information the Bidder provides to the Auctioneer must be current, complete, and accurate. Otherwise, the Auctioneer has the right to decline your registration for the sale, until information is updated and complete.
14. As a Bidder you are responsible for any bids placed under your bidding number and password. The security of your Bidder information is your sole responsibility as you, the Bidder, will be responsible for any and all bids placed under your number. If at any time you feel that your Bidder number and password have been compromised due to lack of security on your part you must notify Auctioneer immediately.
15. The bidder agrees to not use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of any transaction being conducted on and during any auction sale.
16. Buyer acknowledges and agrees not to retract their bids. The Highest Bidder shall be the Buyer, and if any dispute arises during the Sale, then the Auctioneer, may at his discretion, put the Lot up again. The Auctioneer's decision is final.
17. The Auctioneer reserves the right to accept or reject any and all bids or bidders, and shall control the bidding at all times.
18. Soft Close bidding is in effect. Starting at 6:00pm on May 26th lot #1 will close, 30 seconds later lot # 2 will close and so on. If a bidder submits a bid in the last 3 minutes of the sale, the bid time will be extended an additional 3 minutes (only on that item). As long as someone continues to bid on that item, the time period will continue to be extended. The time period eventually runs out when bidding ceases. The purpose of a soft close is to allow everyone a fair chance to submit a bid.
ROLE OF THE AUCTIONEER
19. Shackleton's Real Estate & Auction Co. is acting as Agent for the Seller.
20. Auctioneer cannot, and will not, be held responsible for any interruption in service, errors and/or omissions, caused by any means and does not guarantee continual, uninterrupted or error free service or use of the Site. Bidder acknowledges that this auction is conducted electronically and relies on hardware and software that may malfunction without warning. The Auctioneer, in its sole discretion, may void a sale, temporarily suspend bidding and re-sell any items/lots that were affected by any malfunction. The decision of the Auctioneer is final.
21. Despite efforts to avoid withdrawal of item/lots from the sale after they are listed it may sometimes be necessary. Auctioneer and the Owner/Seller reserve the right to do so at any time before or during the sale. The Owner/Sellers of property sold through this Site reserve the right to reject any and all bids in their sole discretion. If there is a reserve on a lot, the Auctioneer and/or the Seller have the right to bid on behalf of the Seller.
22. Auctioneer gathers information about Bidders and Owners/Sellers for the purposes of conduction online auctions only. Auctioneer does not, and will not, sell this information.
22A. Your email address may be added to our email mailing list to notify you about upcoming auctions. If you are receiving a mailing and wish to discontinue receiving future mailings, simply forward the received email to Auctioneer to have your name removed from our list.
For questions and concerns please email us at: email@example.com or call us at 519-271-2646
Seller User Terms
Bidder User Terms