Auction Terms & Conditions By Registering for this online auction, you have read and are acknowledging agreement with the terms and conditions listed below. When you sign your bidder registration Agreement or click the "Accept" button online, you enter into a binding legal agreement with Shackleton's Real Estate and Auction Co. We ask that you do not bid unless you agree to all of the terms and condition.
The Online Auction Sale will start WEDNESDAY, February 23rd 6:00pm EDT
The Online Auction Sale will begin to close on WEDNESDAY, March 2nd at 6:00pm EDT - with a 3-minute soft close in effect.
1. All items are sold "AS IS, WHERE IS" with all faults. ALL SALES ARE FINAL. No Refunds, Returns or Exchanges
2. Shackleton's Real Estate and Auction Co. attempts to catalogue and photograph every lot correctly and attempts to point out any defects but will not be responsible or liable for any errors, omissions or the correctness of the catalogue or other descriptions of the lot.
3. It is the Bidder's responsibility to determine the condition, age, authenticity, value or any other determinative factor of the item/lot. We encourage you to inspect all items prior to bidding. This can be done by
- Attending In-Person Preview held from February 24th - March 2nd (excluding Saturday and Sunday) from 10am - 3pm at 3715 Embro Road, Stratford, ON, N5A 6S3, or
- Emailing (firstname.lastname@example.org) or calling us at 519-271-2646 to make inquiries about any item(s) and to confirm it's condition. We are happy to send additional photos and information
4. If you require absolute certainty in all areas of authenticity, and the results of your evaluation leave uncertainty in mind, do not bid on the lot in question. The Successful Bidder SHALL NOT BE PERMITTED TO MAKE ANY OBJECTIONS AFTER THE SALE ON ANY GROUNDS WHATSOEVER.
5. Shackleton's Real Estate and Auction Co. reserves the right, at our complete discretion, to add, change/ re-catalog or withdraw any lot from the sale, whether prior to or at any point during the sale without notice, and shall have no liability whatsoever with regards to such withdrawal.
6. Before registering, in the "notes to the auctioneer" (section above), please indicated payment method of payment (ex. credit card on file or e-transfer) and whether or not you will require shipping.
7. Settlement for payment for purchases can be made by Visa, Mastercard, E-Transfer, SHACK BUCKS, Wire Transfer or Certified Cheque. We are unable to process payments on a VISA/Mastercard Debit cards.
7A. If you wish to pay by E-Transfer or SHACK BUCKS you MUST email email@example.com PRIOR to the CLOSING of the SALE, otherwise your credit card on file will be automatically charged.
8. All sales are subject to a 15% Buyer's Premium and 13% HST (Harmonized Sales Tax) if applicable.
8A. If you are exempt from paying sales tax you must provide the Auctioneer a copy of your license prior to the closing of the sale.
9. All Credit Cards of the successful bidders will be Automatically Charged once the sale has closed.
10. If your invoice is over the amount of $1,000.00 we may ask you to make payment at the time of pick-up.
11. Full settlement to be made at the conclusion of the sale. If your credit card is declined, we will email you notifying you that we were not able to collect payment on the credit card on file and provide you with options to make a payment. Failure to pay for your invoice in FULL within 24 hours of the sale closing, will result in your items will be deemed abandoned, you will be banned from all our future auctions, and may result in legal action against Buyer.
12. Items must be paid for in FULL, before items can be picked-up, shipped or delivered.
PICK-UP / SHIPPING
13. Merchandise becomes the full responsibility of the Buyer at time of PAYMENT. Any Buyer having someone, other than himself, pick-up his purchases must notify the Auctioneer. Buyer shall be at their own risk and liability at the Owners' property for pick ups and shall hold the Owner/Seller and the Auctioneer harmless for the Buyer's negligence. Buyer shall also be held responsible for any damage to the Owner's property, caused by the Buyer.
14. Buyer shall be responsible for making arrangements to either pick-up their items, arrange for their items to be shipped or delivered, by the final removal date.
14a. Contactless Curbside Pickup for this sale is available: THURSDAY, March 3rd and FRIDAY, March 4th from 8:00am - 6:00pm. Please bring your own manpower for loading & moving items, boxes and packaging paper for packaging items.
15. Buyers may be asked to provide identification (ex. Driver's License) upon picking up their item(s). The buyers ID must match the Buyer's Information on invoice (i.e. Full Name and Address)
16. If you are unable to pick-up your items within this 20 Hour time frame, and you have called the office at 519-271-2646 or emailed firstname.lastname@example.org to make alternate arrangements, we will storage your items for you, but with a cost of $10/ per day charged to your credit card on file
17. Any items purchased and not picked up within the final removal date (Friday, March 4th at 6:00pm) will be considered and deemed abandoned and will become the property of Shackleton's Real Estate and Auction Co, and you will be banned from participating in our online auctions in the future
18. Shipping is available to successful bidders across North America, however, not all items can be shipped. Shackleton's Real Estate and Auction Co. has noted on the auction catalogue what items are 'Available for Shipping'. We are unable to ship large prints/art, furniture, large rugs, heavy, large and unusually shaped items.
18A. If you require shipping, please email us at email@example.com BEFORE THE CLOSING OF THE SALE, to avoid delays in your shipment.
18B. All shipping costs will be charged at the buyer's expense. There is a $10 packing fee per box/lot + shipping costs determined by the shipping company. If you live in Canada, shipping is provided by various 3rd party shipping companies (ex. GLS/ Dicom, Loomis Express, Canpar, etc.), for P.O. Boxes in Canada, U.S. and International Shipping we ship your package using Canada Post.
18C. Shackleton's Real Estate and Auction Co. packages and ships all items in house. Won lots, will be shipped out within 7 business days of the auction closing.
19. Auctioneer reserves the right to resell any property not paid for in full.
20. All bidders must be 18 years of age or older
21. All registration information the Bidder provides to the Auctioneer must be current, complete, and accurate. Otherwise, the Auctioneer has the right to decline your registration for the sale, until information is updated and complete.
22. As a Bidder you are responsible for any bids placed under your bidding number and password. The security of your Bidder information is your sole responsibility as you, the Bidder, will be responsible for any and all bids placed under your number. If at any time you feel that your Bidder number and password have been compromised due to lack of security on your part you must notify Auctioneer immediately.
23. The bidder agrees to not use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of any transaction being conducted on and during any auction sale.
24. Buyer acknowledges and agrees not to retract their bids. The Highest Bidder shall be the Buyer, and if any dispute arises during the Sale, then the Auctioneer, may at his discretion, put the Lot up again. The Auctioneer's decision is final.
25. The Auctioneer reserves the right to accept or reject any and all bids or bidders, and shall control the bidding at all times.
26. Soft Close bidding is in effect. Starting at 6:00pm on March 2nd lot #1 will close, 30 seconds later lot # 2 will close and so on. If a bidder submits a bid in the last 3 minutes of the sale, the bid time will be extended an additional 3 minutes (only on that item). As long as someone continues to bid on that item, the time period will continue to be extended. The time period eventually runs out when bidding ceases. The purpose of a soft close is to allow everyone a fair chance to submit a bid.
ROLE OF THE AUCTIONEER
27. Shackleton's Real Estate & Auction Co. is acting as Agent for the Seller.
28. Auctioneer cannot, and will not, be held responsible for any interruption in service, errors and/or omissions, caused by any means and does not guarantee continual, uninterrupted or error free service or use of the Site. Bidder acknowledges that this auction is conducted electronically and relies on hardware and software that may malfunction without warning. The Auctioneer, in its sole discretion, may void a sale, temporarily suspend bidding and re-sell any items/lots that were affected by any malfunction. The decision of the Auctioneer is final.
29. Despite efforts to avoid withdrawal of item/lots from the sale after they are listed it may sometimes be necessary. Auctioneer and the Owner/Seller reserve the right to do so at any time before or during the sale. The Owner/Sellers of property sold through this Site reserve the right to reject any and all bids in their sole discretion. If there is a reserve on a lot, the Auctioneer and/or the Seller have the right to bid on behalf of the Seller.
30. Auctioneer gathers information about Bidders and Owners/Sellers for the purposes of conduction online auctions only. Auctioneer does not, and will not, sell this information.
31A. Your email address may be added to our email mailing list to notify you about upcoming auctions. If you are receiving a mailing and wish to discontinue receiving future mailings, simply forward the received email to Auctioneer to have your name removed from our list.
For questions and concerns please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Seller User Terms
Bidder User Terms