Auction Terms & Conditions ***BEFORE REGISTERING, In the "NOTES TO THE AUCTIONEER" (section above), please indicated PAYMENT METHOF (ex. CREDIT CARD ON FILE or E-TRANSFER) and whether or not you will require SHIPPING****
BY REGISTERING FOR THIS ONLINE AUCTION, YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS, listed below. Please read in it's entirety
The Online Auction Sale will start WEDNESDAY, August 11th at 6:00pm EDT
The sale will begin to close on WEDNESDAY, August 18th at 6:00pm EDT - with a 3-minute soft close in effect.
15% buyer's premium and 13% HST (if applicable) is in effect.
1. All items are sold "AS IS, WHERE IS". NO EXCEPTIONS!
2. NEITHER THE AUCTIONEER NOR THE OWNER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ERROR ON CONDITIONS OF ITEMS.
3. THE ITEMS HAVE BEEN DISPLAYED AND EACH BUYER SHALL BE HELD TO HAVE SATISFIED HIMSELF AS TO THE CONDITION, IDENTITY AND AUTHENTICITY. This can be done by
- Attending In-Person Preview held from August 11th - August 18th (excluding Saturday and Sunday) from 10am - 3pm at 3715 Embro Road, Stratford, ON, N5A 6S3, or
- Emailing (email@example.com) or calling us at 519-271-2646 to make inquiries about any item(s) and to confirm it's condition. We are happy to send additional photos and information
4. The Successful Bidder SHALL NOT BE PERMITTED TO MAKE ANY OBJECTIONS AFTER THE SALE ON ANY GROUNDS WHATSOEVER.
5. Settlement for payment for purchases can be made by Visa or Mastercard or E-Transfer. We cannot process payments on a VISA Debit card.
5A. If you wish to pay by E-Transfer you MUST email firstname.lastname@example.org BEFORE the CLOSING of the SALE. Otherwise your credit card on file will be automatically charged.
5B. All Credit Cards will be Automatically Charged, Once the Sale has Closed!
5C. If you would like to use your SHACK BUCKS towards your purchase, you MUST email email@example.com BEFORE the sale has CLOSED
6. All sales are subject to a 15% Buyer's Premium and 13% HST (Harmonized Sales Tax) if applicable.
6a. If you are exempt from paying sales tax you must provide the Auctioneer a copy of your license prior to the closing of the sale.
7. If your invoice is over the amount of $1,000.00 we may ask you to make payment at the time of pick-up.
8. Full settlement to be made at the conclusion of the sale. If your credit card is declined or we do not receive any E-Transfer within 24 hours of the sale closing, your items will be deemed abandoned and you will be banned from all of our furture auctions. In addition, nothing is removed until items are paid in full, and invoice received.
PICK-UP / SHIPPING
9. Merchandise becomes the full responsibility of the Buyer at time of PAYMENT. Any Buyer having someone, other than himself, pick-up his purchases must notify the Auctioneer. Buyer shall be at his own risk and liability at the Owners' property for pick ups, and shall hold the Owner/Seller and the Auctioneer harmless for the Buyer's negligence. Buyer shall also be held responsible for any damage to the Owner's property, caused by the Buyer.
10. Buyers may be asked to provide identification (ex. Driver's License) upon picking up their item(s). The buyers ID must match the Buyer's Information on invoice (i.e.Full Name and Address)
11. Buyer shall be responsible for making all arrangements for merchandise pick-up and /or removal per specific terms or conditions listed for auction. Please bring your own manpower for loading & moving items, boxes and packaging paper for packaging items.
11a. Contactless Curbside Pickup for this sale is available: THURSDAY, August 19th and FRIDAY, August 20th from 8:00am - 6:00pm.
12. Any items purchased and not picked up within the final removal date (Tuesday, July 6th at 6:00pm) will be considered deemed and abandoned and will become the property of Shackleton's Real Estate and Auction Co.
13. Auctioneer reserves the right to resell any property not paid for in full with all funds received by Auctioneer within two days on the online auction item/lots closing date. Failure to pay for item/lots won on this online auction may result in legal action against Buyer.
14. All registration information the Bidder provides to the Auctioneer must be current, complete, and accurate. Otherwise the Auctioneer has the right to decline your registration for the sale, until information is updated and complete.
15. All bidders must be 18 years of age or older
16. As a Bidder you are responsible for any bids placed under your bidding number and password. The security of your Bidder information is your sole responsibility as you, the Bidder, will be responsible for any and all bids placed under your number. If at any time you feel that your Bidder number and password have been compromised due to lack of security on your part you must notify Auctioneer immediately.
17. The bidder agrees to not use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of any transaction being conducted on and during any auction sale.
18. Buyer acknowledges and agrees not to retract their bids. The Highest Bidder shall be the Buyer, and if any dispute arises during the Sale, then the Auctioneer, may at his discretion, put the Lot up again. The Auctioneer's decision is final. The Auctioneer reserves the right to accept or reject any bid and shall control the bidding at all times.
19. Soft Close bidding is in effect. Starting at 6:00pm on August 18th lot #1 will close, 30 seconds later lot # 2 will close and so on. If a bidder submits a bid in the last 3 minutes of the sale, the bid time will be extended an additional 3 minutes (only on that item). As long as someone continues to bid on that item, the time period will continue to be extended. The time period eventually runs out when bidding ceases. The purpose of a soft close is to allow everyone a fair chance to submit a bid.
ROLE OF THE AUCTIONEER
20. Shackleton's Real Estate & Auction Co. is acting as Agent for the Seller.
21. Auctioneer cannot, and will not, be held responsible for any interruption in service, errors and/or omissions, caused by any means and does not guarantee continual, uninterrupted or error free service or use of the Site. Bidder acknowledges that this auction is conducted electronically and relies on hardware and software that may malfunction without warning. The Auctioneer, in its sole discretion, may void a sale, temporarily suspend bidding and re-sell any items/lots that were affected by any malfunction. The decision of the Auctioneer is final.
22. Despite efforts to avoid withdrawal of item/lots from the sale after they are listed it may sometimes be necessary. Auctioneer and the Owner/Seller reserve the right to do so at any time before or during the sale. The Owner/Sellers of property sold through this Site reserve the right to reject any and all bids in their sole discretion. If there is a reserve on a lot, the Auctioneer and/or the Seller have the right to bid on behalf of the Seller.
23. Auctioneer gathers information about Bidders and Owners/Sellers for the purposes of conduction online auctions only. Auctioneer does not, and will not, sell this information.
23a. Your email address may be added to our email mailing list to notify you about upcoming auctions. If you are receiving a mailing and wish to discontinue receiving future mailings, simply forward the received email to Auctioneer to have your name removed from our list.
For questions and concerns please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Seller User Terms
Bidder User Terms